San Diego International-Lindbergh Field
- Distance from conference hotel: 15 mi.
- Drive time: 20 min.
Driving Directions (from airport): Take Interstate 5 North to Genesee Avenue. Exit and turn left, heading West. Follow Genessee to the right as it turns into North Torrey Pines Road. Turn left at Science Park Road (Hilton Hotel driveway).
Transportation to/from the Airport
|Type||Typical Minimum Charge|
We have negotiated a special BioCAS 2011 rate with the EZ Ride Shuttle Service at the San Diego (SAN) International Airport.
Upon arrival at San Diego (SAN) Airport:
1) Follow the signs that say "Ground Transportation"
2) This will bring you to the shuttle area.
3) Tell the dispatcher you have a reservation with EZ RIDE SHUTTLE.
4) Inform the driver you are going to "Hilton Torrey Pines"
You will be charged a discounted rate of $18.00 one way ($9 per additional person on the same trip if traveling in a group in the same van). You may pay the driver cash or credit card (Visa-Amex-MasterCard).
For your return to SAN Airport:
1) Contact the Bell Desk or the Concierge while you are at the Hilton.
2) Inform them of your flight time.
3) They will call the EZ Ride office and make your reservation for you.
For a wide range of information about San Diego, click here.
San Diego Convention and Visitor's Bureau (http://www.sandiego.org)
Links to Local Attractions
- Birch Aquarium -- http://www.aquarium.ucsd.edu/
- Torrey Pines Glider port -- http://flytorrey.com/cms/
- LegoLand -- http://california.legoland.com/
- Del Mar Racetrack -- http://www.dmtc.com/
- Point Loma (Cabrillo National Monument) -- http://www.nps.gov/cabr/index.htm
- Julian -- http://www.julianca.com/
- Local hiking trails --http://www.torreypine.org/activities/hiking-trails.html